Welcome to Newmarket Primary School. We are a contributing school, catering for students from years 1-6.
From these roots will strong trees grow
Noo wenei pakiaka ka tupu e rakau kaha
We aspire to grow connected, generous, thoughtful leaders who reach for the stars.
To provide an outstanding learning environment that ensures all students reach their potential with respect and dignity.
- Respect -Do what is right
- Kindness - Willing to help
- Perseverance - Make it happen
Our Leadership Principles
Our guiding principles focus on leadership Tino Rangatiratanga:
1. Leading Self
Is about Whanaungatanga (relationships).
Being connected requires students to develop a secure sense of identity. To achieve this we learn to know ourselves, develop resilience, set goals, and work towards achieving these goals and our potential.
2. Leading with others
Is about Manaakitanga (values).
Developing a generosity of spirit involves the ability to walk in others' shoes, to see issues from others' perspectives, to develop empathy and to support others.
3. Leading in our world
Is about Kaitiakitanga (guardianship).
Our hands-on learners are guardians that aim high, step up, and are thoughtful and sensitive of environments both local and distant.
- All students are able to access the key competencies and learning areas of The New Zealand Curriculum as evidenced by sound progress and achievement and through a strong local curriculum.
- To achieve a learning environment that promotes critical thinking and problem solving, initiative, curiosity and imagination, self-regulation, agility and adaptability, empathy and global stewardship.
- To develop highly effective partnerships with the school community.
- To attract, develop and retain high caliber staff whose practice is reflective, inquiring, responsive to students learning and cultural needs, and who foster the building of strong relationships.
- To enable an ongoing process of defining, evaluating, and refining what we do at Newmarket School.
- To provide effective learning resources to support our strategic goals.
- To provide a learning environment that is safe, attractive, enriching and dynamic.
Welcome to Newmarket Primary School where we aim to provide an excellent education for your child in a caring, happy atmosphere. We want students to feel secure to develop self-confidence in a supportive, busy and active environment where learning is central to all we do. Students are encouraged to learn and play co-operatively, and to be respectful of others. Your child will make new friends, meet new ideas, and be confronted with exciting challenges.
At Newmarket School the staff have high expectations of students learning and social and personal development and want all students to realise their potential. Staff recognise student’s diverse abilities, interests, and cultures, and aim to provide challenging and motivating learning to meet individual needs.
Our school strives to be a school where students, staff and parents build strong and positive relationships. We encourage you to become involved with our school, to work with us to ensure the best possible education for your child.
He ano te whetu e tu nei, kohahi.
There is only one shining star – our children.
Dr Wendy Kofoed Principal
Newmarket School is consistently high performing. The school’s curriculum provides its diverse students with rich, varied learning opportunities. Affirming relationships, positive expectations and values create a sound foundation for students’ learning. Trustees, leaders and teachers help to ensure these positive features are sustained and grow through effective governance, leadership and teaching.
-Education Review Office, 2015